Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Who's to say what's impossible

And finally the hiatus is over... and, sadly, some aren't sure whether or not that's a good thing.

Here are my thoughts: I'm not giving up. I will keep my butt firmly planted in front of the TV until the series ends, because I'm far too invested in it now to give up. I'll believe that Amy has something good in store, and I'll push through the weird plotlines and contrived conflict, because there's too much that's going to happen.

And when it does, I don't want to be labelled a fairweather fan.

I think that part of it has to do with the fact that I'm not solely a Luke/Lorelai 'shipper. They don't make the entire show for me, unlike a lot of people. I can see how, if that was the biggest draw, this season (or this half of the season, so far) would be the biggest disappointment.

Of course I love Luke and Lorelai, and I hate what they're going through, but I also love Lorelai and Rory, and am glad to see them getting their relationship back on track, I'm intrigued by the prospect of where the Elder Gilmores will fit into the Girls' lives now, and Logan... well, I may think that Jess is best for Rory, but Logan is second, and he continually shoots himself down and then redeems himself in my eyes, so at least it keeps me on my toes.

So, I'll eagerly watch tonight's episode, and I'll even more eagerly watch next week's (and I'm phone-watching both episodes with Adina, which will make it even more fun!!), and I'll be at the front of the pack heading into the season finale. And, no matter what happens in these last 6 weeks, I won't give up.

And, just in case you can't wait another hour for an episode... there are more chapters of And When She Was Good. Check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home